If you’re an owner operator with experience hauling a diverse set of trailers, Trailer Transit, Inc. wants to talk to you!
Please take a moment to read over our vehicle and contractor requirements to see if you qualify.
Minimum Equipment Requirements
(Needed at time of Sign On)
- Tractor must look good and pass a D.O.T. annual inspection in Porter, Indiana.
- Cellular telephone.
Suggested Additional Equipment
- Headache rack
- Extended fifth-wheel track, enabling the fifth-wheel to slide back over the rear axle.
- Pintle hook, ball hitch, and electric brakes
- Light bar – used on trailers without rear lights or with a different electrical system (Available at cost through Trailer Transit)
- Tie-Down Equipment: (Available at cost through Trailer Transit)
- Six 20-foot chains, 5/16″ high tensile or 3/8″
- Six chain binders
- Four 4-inch x 30-foot straps with flat hooks
- Four ratchet-type winches
Base Plate and Permits
- Cost of Indiana Base Plate can be deducted from each settlement
- Contractor must provide proof that the current year Federal Highway Use Tax has been paid
- Contractor must have the original or copy of the original title to the tractor
- Trailer Transit provides ALL other permits
Independent Contractor Requirements
- All contractors must be willing to run all 48 states
- Extensive and verifiable over-the-road, tractor-trailer experience
- Clean driving record
- Must pass D.O.T. physical at our clinic
- Must pass D.O.T. drug testing
- Must have CDL endorsements for Tank and Doubles